Let’s face it, it’s an odd time right now for everyone, and sadly, many of the conferences and in-person events I had scheduled have been canceled due to Coronavirus. Things will pick up again, but in the meantime, I hope you and yours are well and that you remain safe. ~Micki
Cops vs. Lawyers Book Party!
Join us on January 10, 2021 at 3 PM Eastern for this fun online event featuring M.E. Browning, Bruce Robert Coffin, Lissa Marie Redmond, and Keenan Powell. Four authors face off and debate the topic of cops vs. lawyers. You be the judge! FREE event–with a Giveaway… or four! Register here: Mystery Lovers Bookshop
Here’s the lineup:
- M.E. Browning, author of Shadow Ridge: A Jo Wyatt Mystery
- Bruce Robert Coffin, author of Within Plain Sight: A John Byron Novel
- Keenan Powell, author of Hell and High Water: A Maeve Malloy Mystery
- Lissa Marie Redmond, author of A Full Cold Moon: A Cold Case Investigation
April 8-11 ~ Take a left at Albuquerque and join the fun at the 31st annual Left Coast Crime convention! Left Coast Crime is an annual mystery convention sponsored by mystery fans, both readers and authors. This event is now virtual!
Links to Previous Events
December virtual book tour ~ Spotlights, reviews, excerpts, and interviews.
- 12/01 ~ Showcase at Reading a Page Turner blog. The tour kicks off with the first chapter of Shadow Ridge and a chance to win one of the three GIVEAWAYS!
- 12/01 ~ Check out this five-star review at @njbookaholics_anonymous on Instagram
- 12/02 ~ Erica Robyn Reads reviews Shadow Ridge and shares some of her favorite passages
- 12/02 ~ Showcase, excerpt, and another chance to enter the giveaway at Sylv.net blog
- 12/03 ~ Cybercrimes may start online, but it has real world repercussions. Today my guest post at Novels Alive explores how you can improve your online safety
- 12/03 ~ 5 Minutes for Books reviews Shadow Ridge. “The writing is taut, the characters well developed, and the plot gripping.”
- 12/04 ~ A rapid-fire What-do-you-love / What-do-you-hate interview at A Blue Million Books
- 12/05 ~ Showcase at Nana’s Book Reviews
- 12/06 ~ My writer’s journey–a blog post in three acts, at The Review Crew
- 12/07 ~ Music is an important component of my writing process. Check out my playlist on Books Chatter
- 12/07 ~ “Shadow Ridge is an atmospheric read. The haunting elements of murders and cover-ups is balanced perfectly with Jo Wyatt’s blunt and driven personality.” See the full review at Quirky Cats Fat Stacks
- 12/07 ~ Showcase I’m Into Books
- 12/08 ~ “Shadow Ridge is an intriguing mystery with a multi-layered storyline.” Check out the review at Book Reviews & More by Kathy and enter the giveaway, here!
- 12/09 ~ Showcase at Archeolibrian and another chance to enter the giveaway!
- 12/10 ~ “This book introduces a new series with a strong, female police detective, reminiscent of David Baldacci’s Atlee Pine.” And honestly, what author wouldn’t want to be compared to David Baldacci? Books with Bircky
- 12/11 ~ “Shadow Ridge delivered on all counts.” Check out the full review and showcase at Totally Addicted to Reading
- 12/12 ~ Jo Wyatt is not based on me, but we do share a love for this…learn what it is in this interview and showcase at CMash Reads
- 12/14 ~ “Shadow Ridge is an atmospheric mystery with a sprinkling of drama and a twist of ‘I didn’t see that coming.’” Read more of this review at Quiet Fury Books
- 12/16 ~ “I am a fan of the Mer Cavallo mystery series by this author written under the name of Micki Browning, so I was looking forward to reading this new book and I was not disappointed.” Review and showcase at Avonna Loves Genres
- 12/17 ~ “Shadow Ridge . . . one of my favorite mysteries of the year! Don’t miss the start of a terrific new series by author M.E. Browning.” Showcase and review at fellow author Elena Taylor’s blog!
- 12/17 ~ Showcase at Cheryl’s Book Nook
- 12/18 ~ “Shadow Ridge has enough drama, tension, action, dark secrets, intrigue, and unexpected twists and turns that will take the reader on one heck of a thrilling roller coaster ride.” Review at Jersey Girl Book Reviews
- 12/19 ~ “Shadow Ridge is the first book in a series I’m sure is going to become a sensation!” Review at All Books Great and Small
- 12/20 ~ Showcase at Eien Cafe
- 12/21 ~ “This well-written, slow-burn mystery was character-driven…and everyone carries scars from the past.” Read the full review at Nesies Place! (and remember to sign up to win!)
- 12/22 ~ Are you an audio book fan? “I try to stay busy while I listen and this one was so engrossing, I sat down and just enjoyed the listen.” Review at Rozie Reads and Wine
- 12/29 ~ “This has all the earmarks to be a great new thriller series.” Review at A Room Without Books is Empty
- 12/30 ~ “Shadow Ridge by M.E. Browning was a great book.” Review at The World As I See It
- 12/31 ~ Celtic Lady’s Reviews
October 27 ~ Former Durango Police Captain to Speak about Her New Novel Series
Maria’s Bookshop will host award-winning author and former Durango Police captain, M.E. (Micki) Browning in conversation with local author Mandy Mikulencak. Browning will share how she went from fighting crime to writing about it in Shadow Ridge. Catch the replay here!
October 14 ~ The “Credibility Bookcase” has been touted in the New York Times as the quarantine’s hottest accessory. Join me at Chicks on the Case where I lay out my defense of the incredibility bookcase.
October 11 ~ Join me on Murder Books where I blog with such notables as Bruce Robert Coffin, Roger Johns, Ben Keller, Isabella Maldonado, Lissa Marie Redmond, Mark Thielman, and Brian Thiem.
October 10 ~ Detective Jo Wyatt reveals firsthand what one of her days looks like in A Day in my Life by Jo Wyatt at Dru’s Book Musings!
October 9 ~ Join me at Austin Mystery Writers where I share how Shadow Ridge came to be and what’s next for both me and Jo Wyatt.
October 9 ~ Fellow crime writer Donnell Ann Bell shines the spotlight on my writing process, my love/hate relationship with snow, and what’s next for Detective Jo Wyatt in her Help From My Friends, Friday Interview.
October 8 ~ Author extraordinaire Marni Graff reviews Shadow Ridge on Auntie M Crime Review.
October 7 ~ Author E.B. Davis gives me the third degree and reviews Shadow Ridge on Writers WhoKill.
October 4 ~ Fellow crime writer Elena Taylor reviews Shadow Ridge and interrogates me in this author interview!
October 1 ~ Shadow Ridge preview in The Big Thrill Magazine. Learn what draws me to the genre, who has influenced my writing (and why), plus one thing you won’t find on the jacket copy!
August 2 ~ Law enforcement officers spend a tremendous amount of time talking to people, and the better they are at communicating, the more effective they are in their job. Join me on Women Writers, Women(‘s) Books where I talk about tactical communications–and how it may be just what your story needs–or not.
July 15 ~ Jurisdiction is confusing, and if you don’t get it right, as a writer, you risk losing your audience. Here are some tips to help make sure the officer, deputy, or agent you create shows up in the right scene. Join me on Women Writers, Women(‘s) Books to find out how!
October 31 – November 3 ~ Bouchercon 2019 – The world’s premier crime fiction event visits Dallas this year for “Denim, Diamonds, and Death!
October 23, 6:30 p.m. ~ A Night of Mystery & Suspense at Murder on the Beach Bookstore in Delray Beach, Florida. Keynote speaker for Women’s National Book Association.
October 17 – 21 ~ The Florida Writers Association Annual Conference in Orlando/Alamonte Springs. I’m proud to announce I’ve been named the Person of Renown for the 2019 FWA Collection #11: Writers @ Work! I’ll be signing on Friday morning and speaking during Friday’s luncheon.
August 10 ~ Murder on the Beach Bookstore “Mystery Writing: It starts with a crime” writers workshop.
June 28 – 30 ~ Mystery Fest Key West – Presented Underwater Investigations and included in a faculty lineup with Jeffery Deaver, Heather Graham, Carla Norton and plenty of other intriguing mystery writers. Check out my author interview!
March 9 ~ Keynote speaker at the American Association of University Women’s annual fund-raising gala and book signing, Lighthouse Point Yacht Club.
January 19 – 28 ~ Writers In Paradise, The Eckerd College Writer’s Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida
January 13 ~ Facebook Live discussion of the Mer Cavallo Mysteries with the Girls that Scuba Book Club.
November 17 ~ Presenting “Into the Depths: Mysteries with a Splash” Florida Chapter of Mystery Writers of America luncheon Boca Raton, FL
November 9 ~ Royal Palm Literary Award Showcase ~ Winner interview and link to a preview of Beached.
October 20 ~ Royal Palm Literary Award Banquet at the Florida Writers Association annual conference. My novel, Beached, awarded the Royal Palm Literary Award for both Best Mystery and Published Book of the Year.
June 24~ Author Interview and Mer Cavallo Mysteries review on Auntie M Writes
April 27-30 ~ Malice Domestic! New Kids on the Block panelist (moderated by the amazing Margaret Maron)
The Agatha Award for Best First Novel Nominee Blog Hop! Join the debut novelist nominees as we visit the following blogs! April 19 ~Mysteristas leaves us on a deserted island; April 13 ~ Wicked Cozy Authors asks us about superstitions; April 3 ~ Sleuthsayers puts us on the spot about what makes each of us special; March 31 ~ Jungle Red Writers invites us to talk about our first byline; March 27 ~ Femme Fatales Hey! Nobody’s Perfect…; March 19 ~ Stiletto Gang Interview with Agatha Nominees; March 12 ~ Miss Demeanors What a Bunch of Characters!; March 2 ~ Chicks on the Case Central Casting – who do you see portraying Mer?; February 20 ~ Writers Who Kill start with writing and ends at the Olympics.
March 23 ~ Social Night and book signing at Pura Vida Divers!
February 24 ~ Book signing at Jupiter Dive Center.
February 4 ~ Author interview on Murder Books. I dish with Bruce Robert Coffin about nuns, cops, drinks, and murder. What could possibly go wrong?
January 22-28 ~ ITW Members offer their sage advice to the next generation of thriller writers. Join the week-long discussion here.
January 24 ~ Author interview at Ally Shields’ Coffee Chat.
January 15 ~ Beached is spotlighted on One Writer’s Journey.
January 13 ~ A Day in the Keys with Dr. Mer Cavallo on Dru’s Book Musings.
January 12 ~ Author interview at Scandals. Strong Women. Second Chances.
January 10 ~ Launch day for Beached!
January 9 ~ Learn what I hoped to accomplish in the opening chapter of Beached at The First Two Pages.
January 8 ~ I discuss short story writing on Cozy in Miami.
January 5 ~ I share why authors must know how to plot a crime before they can write about one at The Writing Train .
January 1 ~ Review of Beach and author profile in The Big Thrill magazine!