Micki Browning (“Micki Browning“) operates mebrowning.com. This website collects some personal data from its users as outlined below.
Like most website operators, Micki Browning collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Micki Browning’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Micki Browning’s visitors use its website.
Micki Browning also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on mickibrowning.com blogs/sites. Micki Browning only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Micki Browning’s websites choose to interact with Micki Browning in ways that require Micki Browning to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Micki Browning gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for Micki Browning’s Newsletter to provide an email address, first name and optional last name. Those who engage in transactions with Micki Browning are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Micki Browning collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Micki Browning. Micki Browning does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Micki Browning’s newsletter is facilitated by ConvertKit. At any time, a subscriber can opt out of future emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of every email, or by contacting Micki Browning directly (See Contact Information at the bottom of this page, or by clicking on the “Contact” page in the menu).
Aggregated Statistics & Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics to collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Micki Browning may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Micki Browning does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Micki Browning discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Micki Browning’s behalf or to provide services available at Micki Browning’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Micki Browning’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Micki Browning will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Micki Browning discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Micki Browning believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Micki Browning, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Micki Browning website and have supplied your email address, Micki Browning may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Micki Browning and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Micki Browning takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
“Do Not Track” Requests
This website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine if any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” request, please read their privacy policies.
Owner and Data Controller
Micki Browning: PO Box 1346, Port Salerno, FL 34992-1346
Latest update: February 28, 2022 – to correct a typo.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Micki Browning, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Micki Browning or otherwise.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Micki Browning has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Micki Browning does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Micki Browning disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Micki Browning asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by mickibrowning.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Micki Browning in accordance with Micki Browning’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Micki Browning will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Micki Browning will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Micki Browning or others. In the case of such termination, Micki Browning will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Micki Browning.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Micki Browning to you any Micki Browning or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Micki Browning. Micki Browning, mickibrowning.com, the mickibrowning.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with mickibrowning.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micki Browning or Micki Browning’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Micki Browning or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. Micki Browning reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Micki Browning may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.